As we approach the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it can be easy to get caught up in the chaos!
Simply trying to find the quickest way to get all the Thanksgiving Day preparations complete, start on Christmas shopping and everything in between often means grabbing what’s easy, not always what’s good for the environment.
When planning your festive feast, let nature guide you! Instead of grabbing inexpensive, mass-produced holiday decor (looking at you, Target dollar section…) turn to nature for the most beautiful table scale and holiday decor!
Here are some beautiful (and much more eco-friendly) ways you warm up your home and make your holiday celebration memorable and stunning.
- Fill vases with leaves and berries. Add fresh greenery or pinecones for extra dimension.
- Go fresh! Clementines and cloves, lemons, apples, cinnamon sticks with red ribbon - for fresh holiday decor look no further than your grocery store produce section!
- Place small pumpkins on mantles, and enrich the landscape of your home with vibrantly hued mums and other cool-weather plants. Vary the size and texture of the gourds for an interesting tablescape without any waste (you can compost them after the meal!)
- Corn husks and stalks can add harvest flair to front porches, welcoming guests from the moment they arrive. Pair with other natural fall or winter decor such as gourds, pumpkins, leaves and logs. As the weather gets colder, you can switch out mums for evergreens.
- Twigs nestled and tied together can make interesting table centerpieces and embellish a mantle or fireplace. Add festive jewel-toned ribbons to tie it all together.
- Create a Christmas Yule log with logs, berries, evergreen branches and other assorted greenery. Look for variation in texture, color, length and shape for a dynamic centerpiece.
- Add twinkle lights to any centerpiece, tablescape or mantle array for some extra sparkle. Plus, they add a warm glow post-dinner.
Taking inspiration from nature means less waste post-holiday and a more eco-friendly home. Plus, we bet your creativity will be a conversation starter around the table!
Toolaloo and it's packaging is made in the USA and from recycled materials. And hey, why not get a start on all that holiday shopping? Our Thanksgiving sale is going on now! Save $5 and earn free shipping when you buy on Toolaloo.com.